Social Firms are businesses whose social mission is the employment of severely disadvantaged people. The Star Social Firm is a quality standard for Social Firms. It is awarded to Social Firms that have proved the quality of their business and the employment they provide for disadvantaged people. Star Social Firms are companies that have proved to be thriving businesses, where staff say, 'this is a good place to work!'
The Star Social Firm quality standard - the first in the social enterprise sector - has been developed by Social Firms UK and, externally validated by SFEDI (Small Firms Enterprise Development Initiative). Whilst the process for achieving the Star Social Firm quality standard is rigorous, it is one that any well run Social Firm can achieve without difficulty.
On this site you can find out more about:
- the Star Social Firm quality standard;
- why Social Firms UK developed the Star Social Firm quality standard ;
- the criteria for becoming a Star Social Firm;
- the application process;
- Social Firms that have achieved Star Social Firm status;
- Star Social Firm Assessors.